Makes 24, 15 minutes Preparation, 30 minutes Baking
For a squidgy, deliciously moist and fudgy treat, try our delightfully moreish Chocolate Fudge Brownies, for a fun afternoon snack.
Ingredients:For the Brownies:
- 200g Unsalted Butter and extra for greasing
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 100g Milk Chocolate
- 100g Plain Flour
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 3 Large Eggs
- 300g Golden Caster Sugar
- 200g Plain Chocolate
- 100ml Double Cream
- 150g Icing Sugar
- 50g Softened Unsalted Butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- Grease a Baking Tin with some softened Butter and line with baking paper.
- Break the Chocolate into small chunks and melt in a bowl with the Butter over a pan of hot water (don’t allow the bowl or water to touch as this will burn the chocolate).
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the Eggs then add the Caster Sugar until thick and creamy.
- Gently pour and fold in the melted chocolate and then sift in the Flour and Cocoa Powder.
- Mix well until fully combined.
- Pour into the greased and lined baking tin and place into the oven for 20-25 minutes (a skewer inserted in the Brownie should only have a little bit of chocolate on it, return to the oven for an extra 5-10 minutes to firm the mixture, if needed).
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
- Whilst the Brownie is cooling, prepare the Chocolate Fudge Topping by gently melting the Chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water (again make sure the bowl and water don’t touch).
- Once melted, sieve in the Icing Sugar and stir in the Butter and Double Cream.
- Mix and leave to cool until it forms a smooth yet thick, chocolatey paste.
- Once the Brownies have cooled slightly, remove the Brownie slab by lifting the baking sheet out of the baking tray, and place upside down on a dry, clear surface and peel back the baking paper.
- Spread a thick layer of the cooled chocolate fudge icing on top.
- Slice the Chocolate Fudge Brownies, serve and enjoy!