Serves 12, 30 minutes Preparation, 1 hour Baking
Need a little perk-me-up to get you through the week? Try our buzzing Honey and Coffee Cake, perfect for busy bees!
- 4 tsps Azera Coffee
- 250g Honey and extra for glazing
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 100g Light Brown Sugar
- 400g Self-Raising Flour
- 4 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 150g Butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the Egg, Butter, Vanilla Extract, a pinch of Salt and Sugar, gradually sieving the Flour into the mix.
- Beat together until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the Coffee and Honey to the cake mix and stir well.
- Pour the well-combined mixture into a loaf tin lined with butter and baking parchment.
- Bake for 1 hour, or as needed.
- Once the Coffee Cake is golden brown and fully done, remove from the oven.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then turn out onto a wire cooling rack.
- Layer the cake with a spread of honey and dust with icing sugar.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts for a crunchy texture.
- Serve with a nice cup of coffee!