Serves 8, 15 minutes Preparation, 15 minutes Cooking
Flapjacks are simple and easy to make. Try our fruity, oaty Flapjack recipe, oozing with sweet syrup for a fun afternoon treat.
- 250g Porridge Oats
- 100g Light Brown Muscovado Sugar
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 150g unsalted butter
- 100g Raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas mark 4.
- In a large mixing bowl add the Oats, Mixed Spice and the Light Brown Sugar.
- Stir through the Raisins.
- Melt the Butter until softened and pour into the mix, along with the Golden Syrup.
- Stir well until the mixture clumps together.
- Line a deep baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place the Flapjack mixture into the tin, and spread evenly to the edges.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the edges turn golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool, then place in the fridge to firm.
- To serve, remove the flapjack from the tin and cut into chunks, and enjoy!