Makes 24 slices, 10 minutes Preparation, 15 minutes Cooking
For a chocolatey indulgence, Rocky Road is incredibly fun and easy to make. Enjoy it crunchy straight from the fridge, or let it warm to room temperature for a gooey treat.
- 150g Milk Chocolate
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- 200g regular-sized Marhsmallows
- 150g Milk Chocolate Raisins
- 200g Softenend Unsalted Butter, cut into small pieces
- 4tbsp Golden Syrup
- 200g Shortbread Biscuits
- Sprinkling of Icing Sugar to decorate
- Break the Dark and Milk Chocolate into small chunks.
- In a large bowl over a pan of boiling water melt the chocolate (don't allow the bowl and hot water to touch otherwise the chocolate will burn).
- Once the chocolate has melted add the softened Butter and Golden Syrup and stir these into the chocolate until fully melted, then allow to cool slightly.
- Chop the Marshmallows into quarters and set aside 50g of them.
- Break the biscuits into small pieces by placing them in a bag and using a rolling pin to break them.
- Add the marshmallow and biscuit pieces, and Chocolate Raisins to the melted chocolate, and stir until everything is chocolate coated.
- Line a large baking dish with greaseproof paper, then pour in the Rocky Road mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining marshmallows on top.
- Once fully cool place into the fridge and allow to set until the chocolate solidifies.
- Once set, remove the rocky road from the baking dish and sprinkle the surface with the Icing Sugar.
- Slice the Rocky Road into chunks and serve chilled or warmed to room temperature.