Serves 1, 5 minutes preparation, 10 minutes cooking
A spiced twist on a classic breakfast dish our Indian Scrambled Eggs are a great addition to any brunch or breakfast or are fantastic with toast for a light tea.
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- a knob of butter
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- ½ small tomato, chopped
- ¼ green chilli, seeded and sliced (optional), or pinch of red chilli powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Heat the oil and butter in a small non-stick frying pan. Add the onion and fry for about four minutes, until soft.
- Beat together the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and pour into the pan and scramble as normal on a low heat. Take them off the heat when they are cooked to your taste.
- Serve with toast or naan bread or as part of a cooked breakfast.