Serves 2, 10 minutes, Preparation, 15 minutes cooking
There’s nothing like a tasty slice of cheese and beans on toast, and our twist on this classic recipe helps you use up spare bits from the fridge for a delicious toast topper.
- 50g of Cheese, flavour of your choice
- 2 slices of Bread
- 1 can Baked Beans
- 25g Jalapenos or Chillies
- 25g Tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Eggs
- Drizzle of oil
- Butter, for the bread
- In a mixing bowl beat the Eggs until smooth.
- Grate the Cheese
- Butter the Bread on both sides, and then dunk these into the egg mixture until both sides are coated.
- Drizzle a little Oil into a large, hot frying pan and add the bread.
- Fry one side of the bread until golden and crisp, then flip.
- Whilst the bread side cooks, add the grated cheese to the toasted side.
- As the cheese melts, add half the Jalapenos or Chillies and the Tomatoes.
- Flip the bread and add the rest of the cheese and the Jalapenos or Chillies and Tomatoes to that side.
- In a separate pan heat the baked beans.
- Once cooked, serve the Cheese on Toast, then pour the baked beans on top and to the side.
- Serve and eat immediately with any accompaniment you wish.