Serves 2, 10 minutes preparation
Coronation chicken is delicious as a sandwich filler and it’s a very quick and easy food that's a firm favourite.
- 140g cooked chicken, sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 handful of baby salad leaves
- 4 slices of brown or white bread
For the curried mayonnaise:
- 1 peeled and crushed garlic clove
- ½ tsp Madras curry powder ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp mango chutney
- 1tbsp of roughly chopped coriander
- A pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heaped tbsp mayonnaise
- Stir all the curried mayonnaise ingredients together and mix in the chicken. Divide the mixture evenly and spread over two slices of bread.
- Top the mixture with salad leaves, and the remaining slices of bread. Slice the sandwiches in half and serve.