Serves 4, 8 minutes preparation, 15 minutes cooking
This is a wonderful tasting egg mayo & bacon sandwich that you will definitely devour. For further flavour add chopped celery into the mix.
- 6 eggs
- 6 Slices Bacon
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 8 slices bread
- Place eggs in medium saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon until crisp and then drain on a paper towel and crumblel
- Drain the water from the eggs once cooked, leave to cool and then peel and chop.
- In medium bowl, combine the chopped eggs, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Mix well and stir in bacon.
- Chill to help blend flavours.
- Layer lettuce, egg mayo and tomato slices on 4 slices of bread.
- Top with remaining bread slices, cut into triangles and serve.