Serves 4, 5 minutes preparation, 20 minutes cooking
This creamy pasta dish is truly delicious and so quick to prepare thanks to our simple, fool proof recipe.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 300g/11oz pancetta, sliced (you could use streaky bacon instead if easier)
- 3 egg yolks
- 50g/1¾oz parmesan or pecorino cheese, grated, plus extra for serving
- 100ml/3½fl oz double cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 350g/12oz dried penne pasta or spaghetti
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Heat a frying pan until hot. Add the olive oil and pancetta/bacon and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until crisp. Remove the pancetta from the pan and set aside to drain on kitchen paper.
- Whisk the egg yolks, parmesan and cream in a bowl and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook the penne/spaghetti according to pack instructions in a pan of salted boiling water until al dente (until it still has a bite and is not completely soggy).
- Drain the pasta and add it to the cream mixture, stirring continuously until smooth. Add the pancetta and parsley and stir until well combined.
- To serve, spoon pasta into warmed bowls and sprinkle with a little extra parmesan.