Serves 8, 10mins Preparation, 1hour 15mins Cooking
Full of warming autumnal flavours, this pasta recipe is great when you fancy something hearty and delicious.
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
• Pinch of dried chilli flakes
• 1kg Italian sausages, skins removed, coarsely chopped
• 1 x 800g can diced tomatoes
• 125ml (1/2 cup) dry red wine
• 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
• Salt & freshly ground black pepper
• Ciabatta or sourdough (optional), to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, sage and chilli, and cook, stirring for 10 minutes or until onion is golden. Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until brown.
- Add the tomato and wine, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 1 hour or until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the sausage ragu among serving bowls and serve immediately with bread.