Serves 4, 5-10 minutes preparation
A classic starter that definitely has a place in any menu when you have friends coming over for tea - it is so tasty and ridiculously easy to make.
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp salad cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 Little Gem lettuces, shredded or ½ an iceberg lettuce shredded
- 75g/2½oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 500g cooked prawns
- 1 pinch paprika, for garnish
- In a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup, tomato purée, Tabasco, salad cream and lemon juice until well combined.
- Mix the shredded Little Gem lettuce together with the cherry tomatoes. Divide the salad among four serving glasses or small serving bowls.
- Mix the prawns together with the sauce, reserving four prawns for garnish.
- To serve, spoon the prawn cocktail mixture over the salad in each glass/bowl. Garnish each glass/bowl by hooking a prawn over the rim.
- Sprinkle over a bit of paprika and serve immediately with buttered bread on the side.