For the dressing
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 30ml/1fl oz white wine vinegar
- 150ml/5fl oz olive oil
- 1lemon - juice only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 100g/3½oz fine bean , cooked
- 2 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 1 tbsp capers in vinegar, drained
- 100g/3½oz new potatotes, cooked
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 fresh tuna steaks (about 200g each) ot 2 tins of quality tuna
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh marjoram leaves
- For the dressing, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- For the salad, put the dressing in a frying pan and warm over a low heat. Add the beans, spinach, capers, potatoes and tomatoes and toss them in the warm dressing. Remove from the heat.
- Brush the tuna steaks with the olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Cook the tuna steaks on the griddle for about 30 seconds on each side.
- To serve, put the tuna steaks on top of the dressed vegetables and top with chopped egg and marjoram.