Serves 6, 20 minutes Preparation, 1 hour Cooking
Cooking up a Sunday roast? Make a delicious cider gravy to go with your roast pork, for a hearty roast dinner.
- 1 large Pork belly
- 1 bottle of Cider
- 4 Potatoes
- Mixed vegetables, of your choice
- Drizzle of Cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp Gravy Granules
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- Salt and Pepper, to season
- 200ml Water
- Preheat the oven 200oC/ 400oF/ Gas Mark 6.
- Set the Pork Belly into a baking dish and score the skin using a knife.
- Pour 100ml of Cider over the pork, then rub in a drizzle of oil and sprinkle the Salt and Pepper on top.
- After twenty minutes set the sides of Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables of your choice on to boil.
- After 40 minutes turn the oven down to 180oC/ 350oF/ Gas Mark 4 and continue to cook for 20 minutes. This will create tasty crackling.
- Drain the potatoes and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After turning down the pork, in a small saucepan pour in the Water, Gravy Granules and the remaining Cider and simmer gently on a low heat.
- After 10 minutes add the Cornflour to thicken the Cider Gravy.
- Remove the pork from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve the Roast Pork with the Cider Gravy and a side of Roast potatoes and mixed vegetables and Apple sauce.