- 500g penne
- 200ml tomato passata
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Small handful fresh basil
- 200ml single cream
- 50ml vodka
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp crushed chilli flakes
- Freshly grated parmesan
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Make the tomato sauce by heating the olive oil in a small saucepan with the chopped garlic and frying gently until golden.
2. Add the passata and season with salt and pepper. Add several chopped fresh basil leaves and cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes.
3. While the sauce is cooking, cook the pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain.
4. In a large frying pan melt the butter, then add the crushed chilli flakes and the pasta. Toss well, making sure that all the pasta is well coated with butter. On a high heat toss the pasta with the tomato sauce, adding the cream at this point. Add the vodka, toss again and remove from the heat.
5. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve immediately.