Makes 12, 15 minutes Preparation, 15 minutes Cooking
Filled with Strawberry and Apricot jam, our tasty St George shield jam tarts are a good patriotic treat!
- 6 tbsps Strawberry Jam
- 6 tbsps Apricot Jam
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 300g Plain Flour
- 200g Butter, softened
- 100ml Water
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas mark 6.
- Lightly grease two 6-holed cupcake tray
- In a large mixing bowl sift in the Flour and rub in the softened Butter, until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the water a tablespoon at a time and mix until it forms a soft but not wet dough.
- On a lightly floured surface roll until the pastry is 1cm thick.
- Using a round cutter cut out 12 circles (if there’s pastry leftover roll out and cut out more shapes)
- Place each pastry circle into the cupcakes tray holes.
- Spoon the strawberry jam into 6 pastry tarts, and the apricot jam into the remaining pastry.
- Place the trays in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the pastry has turned a light golden brown.
- Remove the Jam Tarts from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Once the pastry and jam tarts have cooled, arrange them on a plate in the shape of the St George cross, and enjoy immediately.